[Debian-in-workers] Kannada localisation for Debian

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 19:23:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Anyway, when the real translation effort will start, you (and other
> language teams) will need a plce to work on it.
>
> We have a few possibilities:
>
> -do it here for all languages
> -do it in existing translation teams mailing lists and forums
> -create specialized l10n lists in the debian-in project on Alioth
>
> I think I would favorize the latter, which could accompany the use of
> Alioth CVS or SVN repositories for the teams work
>
> Jaldhar, comments?

I think it depends on the language.  Some teams already have an
infrastructure set up and localizing Debian would just be one more set of
translations they would be doing.  In that case they might not want a
seperate list.  However setting up a list here is a possibility if
translators want that choice.

As for translations and other development we should definitely keep it all
centralized here.  Alioth offers CVS, subversion, and arch.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>