[Debian-in-workers] Indic Input methods in Debian

Soumyadip Modak soumyadip@softhome.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:10:20 +0530

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 11:30 -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Soumyadip Modak wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 17:57 -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > > For Qt-based apps, the Indic input method is already built in.
> > >
> > > for GTK, use im-sdk (specifically iiimf-htt-le-indic)
> > >

> > Any pointers or documents to help me along ? I can't seem to get the
> > input method when I right click the editing area of Gedit. (Yes I have
> > started the server before trying this out) . Any docs, etc. available ?
> >

> Hmm maybe you should ask on the IndLinux list.  I'm mainly a KDE person.
> But I do know that in the past I've been able to input Devanagari and
> Gujarati by starting the3 im-server and selecting an inscript keyboard
> layout with the GNOME keyboard switching applet.

Works beautifully, thanks a lot.

Funny thing Ubuntu doesn't have either the iiimf server or the indic
methods as installable packages, but the technique works nonetheless.

Now back to GRIND. :)

--
Soumyadip Modak
soumyadip.modak@gmail.com