[Debian-in-workers] Re: Fwd: debian-in-workers@lists.alioth.debian.org; pravi.a@gmail.com; anivar@hackemail.com; vimaljoseph@gmail.com

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 15:15:42 CET 2006

Vivek Varghese Cherian  said on Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 04:20:01AM -0500,:

 > I  am pleased  to  see that  the  allegations raised  by a  certain
 > individual some  time back that  modifications to the  Rachana font
 > which  were  under  orginally  released  under  the  GNU  GPL  were
 > subsequently prohibited by the Rachana Akshara Kala Vedi has proved
 > to be false by the mail  from Mr. Hussain KH (Rachana Font Designer
 > and Project Co-ordinator).

Please  realise  that AnjaliOldLipi  font  was  a  result of  soembody
[claiming to be] on behalf of  Rachana foul mouthing Kevin & Siji over
Kevin's and  Siji's attempts to  modify the Rachana Fonts.  Also, this
incident has never been denied by the Rachana Team.

And just  to put the record  straight, the GPL version  of the Rachana
fonts  were handed  to  rms at  an event  held  at CUSAT,  and yes,  I
facilitated the event. I hate to  take public credit for that, but the
CUSAT venue was made available only because of me, and only because my
students were  in the CUSAT union at  that time. And if  that does not
make it clear  enough, Hussain and Chitrajakumar had  come to my house
at Ernakulam, and later to Raghavendra Bhat's house in connection with
this event.

The only reason  for my opposition to Rachana  Fonts being included in
Debian was the  reported incident from Kevin, and  absence of a denial
from the Rachana team.

But I think the parent mail, from Hussain will set the record straight.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/