[Debian-in-workers] Re: First commit of Tamil translation for Debian Installer

Eddy Petrişor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:23:24 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Davide Viti <zinosat at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Eddy, Christian,
> good point with the NLP: it's definitely worth the effort.
> It would be helpful if we started adding also the unicode ranges covering
> each language: some are easy to find out, other are less obvious (I had
> troubles finding the ranges for Vietnamese).

I agree, this is a very good idea.
For latin languages the answer could be english+ Uhijk, Uqrts
while for non-latin scripts it could be Uxywz-Unmop

Christian, is all this info saved somewhere in the d-i SVN repo? This
would be really helpful for G-I font stripping.

> > The package you need is ttf-tamil-fonts. It features a "lohit_ta" font

Note: all the stripping operations attepted on lohit_* fonts resulted
in errors for me.

--
Regards,
EddyP