[Debian-in-workers] About D-I translation effort for Kannada...

Christian Perrier bubulle at kheops.frmug.org
Sun Nov 19 16:29:12 CET 2006

Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle at kheops.frmug.org):
> Quoting Thejesh G Nagarathna (thej at techmag.biz):
> > > Thejesh,
> > >
> > > have you been able to test commiting to the D-I repository as
> > > explained in step 9 reference above ?
> > My broadband service is down from few days. It should be up in few days.
> > I am sending mail from cyber cafe.
> > I should be able to complete the step nine by this weekend.
>
> Have you been able to progress for this step (test commit rights to
> the D-I SVN)?

I'm afraid that the l10n effort for Kannada is currently completely
stuck.

Thejesh reached step 10 of the New Language Process (create an
account), I validated him for commit....but since March, I haven't got
more news.

Manu Aradhya was named backup coordinator when we discussed with
Thejesh.....but no news as well....

Please give news....

The New Language Process is currently nearly completed for Kannada and
translation work could theoretically begin. Just need to compelte all
this and revive the whole stuff. Given the schedule, it's pretty
unlikely that Kannada will make it for Etch but, who knows?