[Debian-in-workers] malayalam - Racotf04.ttf fonts

Mahesh Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 07:56:06 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Harikrishnan <hari.krishnan at greynium.com> wrote:

> from where i can get malayalam  Racotf04.ttf  fonts

While the font carries the ``licensed under the  GNU/GPL tag, I have
one report of one guy who attempted to fix some bugs in that font
being asked by one person associated with the Rachana team to desist
from making modifications in the font. That is a a rather dishonest
licensing policy, and I suggest you do NOT use Rachana fonts.

I will be happy if somebody officially connected with the Rachana team
clarified this.

In the meanwhile, you can use Anjali Old Lipi fonts, whose copyright
says ``Credit to Kevin & Siji, 2004. No rights reserved''. Available
from http://indulekha.com/AnjaliOldLipi-0.730.ttf

Will the maintainer of ttf-malayalam-fonts please take note?