[Debian-in-workers] Question about Sans/Serif aliases

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Aug 29 20:37:01 UTC 2007

> Most of the fonts don't see any major changes. Malayalam however seems
> to be a problem area, since IIRC a lot of fonts have come in and gone
> out, with the major Malayalam contributors unable to come to a
> consensus. This comment should be taken as a personal opinion of a
> person who has been contributing to the ttf-indic-fonts package for
> some time, but doesn't know much about Malayalam. VivekVC and Mahesh
> Pai, among others, are in a better position to answer questions on
> Malayalam.

When we had to discuss about the font for Malayalam in D-I,
Rachana_w01.otf was told to be the most appropriate.

Of course, as everybody might expect, I personnally have no idea at
all whether this is correct or not....I just understood that there
seems to be quite strong disagreement even inside the Malayalam l10n
community about the "proper" way to render ml.....