[Debian-in-workers] Malayalam fonts are not getting installed

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Sun Dec 16 22:18:11 UTC 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Praveen A wrote:
> 2007/12/16, Frans Pop <elendil at planet.nl>:
> > Are the Malayalam desktop packages included on the DVD (check under the
> > pool/main/ subdirectory)?
>
> The DVD contains ttf-indic-fonts directory and it has devanagari
> (hindi), panjabi, tamil and bengali fonts. Malayalam is missing from
> there.
>
> scim-tables folder does not have scim-tables-additional package (which
> contains all the indic stuff).
>
> Can these two packages be added to the DVD?

We do not add individual packages to CDs. Instead we list the tasks that
should be added.

Hmm. I see that malayalam tasks are currently not listed in the tasks.list
file for debian-cd [1]. They'd need to be added there.

Christian:
1) Could you check whether there are other l10n tasks missing (and propose a
patch for debian-cd)?
2) Currently the order of languages seems to be alphabetical, which means
languages with "high" letters will have a higher chance of being pushed off
the 1st/2nd/3rd CD or off the 1st DVD. Should we maybe use a a somewhat
more intelligent grouping of languages so that at least similar/related
languages can be expected to be supported by the same images?

> But then it should get it from the mirror, right?

Yes. _If_ you selected to also use a mirror during installation, I would
expect that to happen. Unless there is some kind of problem with the
language (locale) test in tasksel that selects the l10n tasks for
Malayalam.

[1]http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-cd/trunk/tasks/task.list?op=file&rev=0&sc=0