[Debian-in-workers] Malayalam fonts are not getting installed

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Sun Dec 16 23:14:06 UTC 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Frans Pop wrote:
> Yes. _If_ you selected to also use a mirror during installation, I would
> expect that to happen. Unless there is some kind of problem with the
> language (locale) test in tasksel that selects the l10n tasks for
> Malayalam.

It looks like there is a bug in tests/lang in tasksel.

The following line seems to be failing and thus prevents any language task
to match for Malayalam:
	fulllang=$(expr "$LANG" : '\(.*\)\.')

Probably the expr is failing as the test is being called with LANG=ml_IN,
which means that there is no ".UTF8" suffix which causes the 'expr' to fail
and the script to exit because of the 'set -e'.

IIRC there are several other locales that are UTF-8 by default and thus do
not have any encoding postfix.

Not sure what the correct solution is as $fulllang should probably be set
to "ml_IN". Maybe we should use the following lines instead:
        baselang=${LANG%%_*}
        fulllang=${LANG%%.*}
(which is the same as is used in localechooser).

I've done a test with that and it seems to work.