[Debian-in-workers] Re: Including ttf-indic-fonts in first cd

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:11:55 CET 2007

2007/3/26, Frans Pop <elendil at planet.nl>:
> Note however that that does not guarantee that the font package will be
> included on the first CD as CDs are relatively small and there are a lot
> of packages that have a lot higher priority for getting on the first CD
> than language-specific packages. There are more languages that have this
> issue.
>
> It will certainly be included on the first DVD and will also be installed
> if you use both a CD and a network mirror during installation.
>
> And there is of course also the option of creating a custom CD image for
> your language which does have the packages for Malayam on the first CD.

Is it possible to have an official cd with all the
language/language-desktop tasks included for the languages supported
by the installer (similar to the ones for kde and xfce)? We could call
this -l10n. It would solve this issue for quite a few languages and it
would every language team from maintaining a custom cd for its
language.

Does it sounds good? Is it difficult to implement before etch release?

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍