[Debian-in-workers] Re: Including ttf-indic-fonts in first cd

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Tue Mar 27 22:33:27 CET 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 18:05, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> How big are all the language tasks?

If I select all language tasks (for just over 50 languages) I get a total
download size of about 1GB (installed size is a _lot_ bigger), clearly
not something that can be cramped onto the first CD :-)
Per language it varies between about 1 and 90 MB.

As I've said before, if a language wants a 1st CD that includes their l10n
packages and fonts, they should create a custom CD. You could possibly do
this for a group of languages. However, you should also be aware that
doing this will push other packages off the first CD.