[Debian-in-workers] Foss.in/2007: Debian's plan..

Sam Hocevar leader at debian.org
Tue Sep 25 19:41:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007, Christian Perrier wrote:

> I seriously consider proposing a paper for Foss.in and I was indeed
> trying to find a way to fund the travel.

   Hi Christian, I thought I already answered you but while digging in
my inbox I found out I didn't. I'm sorry about that.

   As you say, Debian funds are used in quite rare cases. But we have
funds to be specifically used for travel funding, and are not using
them much. So as you are Debian's de facto "i18n guy" I would support
the idea of Debian funding your travel. I would just need to know the
average prices for a trip from France before I give my final go.

   I would happily go with my DPL hat, too. Unfortunately I do not
know much about India and my attention is currently directed towards
Latin America for various reasons (one being that I am apparently the
first DPL to speak some Spanish). However, I will learn more about
the status of FLOSS in India and make up my mind. If you have infor-
mation that could help me figure out whether my presence would be
interesting for Debian and for the people I'd meet, please tell me
(I agree that it would be "nice", I just need a little bit more).

Regards,
--
Sam.