[Debian-in-workers] Marathi translation of Debian Installer nearly complete

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Apr 1 04:56:36 UTC 2008

It is my pleasure to announce that, thanks to Priti Patil, Sampada
Nakhare and Nayan Nakhare work, the Marathi translation of Debian
Installer is nearly complete, which is a bump from 0%...:-)

I committed the complete files two days ago. Of course, while they
were working on this translation, some strings changed slightly and
they'll have to re-complete their work, but as soon as level 1 and 2
are completed, I will activate Marathi in localechooser.

For people who are less aware of which language belongs to what place
of the world, Marathi is one of the 22 official languages in India
with about 70-90 million speakers...

I hereby thank Priti, Sampada and Nayan for their work (be sure, that
this is not finished yet and we'll have numerous occasions to be in
contact, the first being the various explanations I'll continue to
give you about our workflow!) and welcome them among the commuity of
Debian translators...