[Debian-in-workers] Lintian warning about executable font

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:52:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Muneeb Shaikh <iammuneeb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the upstream branch already has tag "upstream/1.0",
> git-import-orig fails while importing rectified version of upstream
> tarball. What we can do is remove the tag, and re-tag while importing
> rectified version of tarball. But I didn't like this idea of rewriting
> history.
> The other possible solution is to start with clean repository and then
> do the importing but this restricts access to the repository creator to
> clean repo.
>
> What is your suggestion?
> I would like to have Git-ish way of resolving this problem.

I would suggest delete existing repository and recreate it with new
fixed stuffs. Gitish way is painful and I'm not sure if we will be
able to fix everything 100% also repository has to go long way and
this is just the begining so deleting and recreating will be fast
clean and painless

Best Regards

--

Vasudev Kamath