[Debian-in-workers] RFS: fonts-sambhota-tsugring

Pirate Praveen praveen at onenetbeyond.org
Wed Oct 12 09:02:29 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 11 October 2016 09:44 PM, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> Dear Praveen,
>
> Please consider reviewing package before you upload the packages to
> Debian.

> Here is a review of package
>
> 1. Maintainer field should list Debian Indian team as maintainer and
>    Krishna as uploader.
> 2. copyright puts license as GPL which is ambiguous without version but
>    License Text refers GPL-3+.
> 3. License filed has some other information which is not really license
>    but some copyright information by upstream, if that should really be
>    there it should be part of Comment field please refer Debian
>    Copyright format document for this.
> 4. Copyright on all files and real author of fonts are listed
>    different!.
> 5. There is no note on how the source was prepared (README.source), if
>    tomorrow some other team member has to update the font how he should
>    do it?.
>

> @Praveen I'm especially surprised that you uploaded it right away
> without asking for fixing the above mentioned issues!. Especially
> copyright files are important part of Debian.

I was reviewing and suggesting changes via xmpp as he was creating the
package, but indeed I missed some points, thanks for the detailed review.

Since he was referring to another font (copied the debian folder) by the
same upstream, I thought copyright would be correct. I'll be more
careful in future.

> @Krishna please update package with my above reviews and then it
> should be re-uploaded to Debian. And please do it as soon as possible.

Hope Krishnan will correct these issues soon.