[Debian-l10n-devel] Weirdness on stats pages
nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sun May 11 09:43:56 UTC 2008
On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 08:59:03AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/fr as of today says "9674
> strings are translated to this language (from 9695)"
> However, looking at the details that follow, I find much more
> incomplete strings....
> Thomas, or others, any idea about that problem?
I agree with 9674 and 9695 for yesterday's stats.
There are also 43 fuzzy and 42 untranslated strings recorded.
(I did not counted them, these are the stats from the rrd files)
The point is that 9695 is the total of strings from POT files.
If a PO file has more strings than the corresponding POT file, the
translation count will grow faster than the total count.
(If a fr.po exists, with no .pot; I don't know how this will behave)
So, the bad news is that the French team should target for "a bit more
than 100%" ;)
I don't really see how to fix this.
There are some commented lines in dl10n-rrd to detect this. I can
But fixing the packages in those cases might not be agreed by maintainers.
Another solution could be that:
* if a translation is complete
* and if it has more strings than the corresponding template
=> then its statistics are decreased
It would be better not to do it in the "material" file, but when this file
(i.e. in the web site and in dl10n-rrd)
More information about the Debian-l10n-devel