[Debian-l10n-devel] Debian i18n Extremadura 2008

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon May 12 05:16:49 UTC 2008

Quoting Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) (faw at funlabs.org):

> 	Christian, do you have any plans about "advertising"
> the meeting? Would you want to first invite a priority list
> and them open the subscriptions or let's go similar to 2006,
> invite -i18n mail list and let everybody know that if needed
> we will draw a line and some people didn't get the sponsorship?

Not sure.

Priority list means that the meeting looks closed and we'll have few
attendees....mostly working on issues we already have pending (Pootle,
DDTP...).

Opened meeting is probably better but needs more preparation work to
decide what we work on.

> 	Basically, we need to add some plans, agenda and
> attendees to give a better shape to our meeting, Extremadura
> is preparing the meetings this year sometime ahead.

Rough ideas of topics:

- Setting up a VCS as backend for Pootle. I see something like this:

  Pootle <-> VCS <-> packages
          1       2

1 can be handled by Pootle as long as it has something that can be
launched at command-line

2 can be handled by the scripts that gather the material used by stats

- Automating the import of DDTP data in Pootle. I have a test script
that does this but only for the old material we have for Japanese and
German

- tdeb ideas. This project is mostly stalled since Extremadura
2006...but Neil Williams, for Emdebian, seems to have good ideas about
it. So, sharing the meeting with Emdebian folks could be good.

So, as we have enough such ideas, we could send an opened invitation
to -i18n and whoever wants to come can come. I really hope I'll
can....but that will be hard to negotiate with my wife..:-)