[Debian-l10n-devel] Debian i18n Extremadura 2008

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) faw at funlabs.org
Mon May 12 12:50:23 UTC 2008

On 12-05-2008 07:04, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 07:16:49AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
>> Quoting Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) (faw at funlabs.org):
>>
>>> 	Christian, do you have any plans about "advertising"
>>> the meeting? Would you want to first invite a priority list
>>> and them open the subscriptions or let's go similar to 2006,
>>> invite -i18n mail list and let everybody know that if needed
>>> we will draw a line and some people didn't get the sponsorship?
>> Not sure.
>>
>> Priority list means that the meeting looks closed and we'll have few
>> attendees....mostly working on issues we already have pending (Pootle,
>> DDTP...).
>>
>> Opened meeting is probably better but needs more preparation work to
>> decide what we work on.
>
> BTW, I would like to see coordinators from other l10n teams to see what
> works and what does not work on their teams, and what we could do in
> common.

	OK, so this is time to raise two other questions:

1) Should we sent the report of other tools/distros that we made
   on Extremadura, almost 6 months had past, I'm so sorry that I
   couldn't make it, but I had some problems that I would love to
   explain better when we meet again.

2) Should we sent the third report that brings up the idea of
   l10n/i18n periodic meeting and push to a more structured i18n
   team, with a dict^Wcoordinador, tasks and more interactions,
   reducing the "i18n infra team" versus "rest of translators,
   l10n teams and i18n".

	Both reports are pretty much ready, but the time passes
and I don't know if the info is still relevant/important. There
are some nice reflexions and important information about other
projects tools (we should look at the tool used by the Ubuntu
French team, a lot of people is talking about it).

		https://launchpad.net/vertimus

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)