[Debian-l10n-devel] Translations cleanup

Martin Bagge / brother brother at bsnet.se
Wed Jun 9 09:05:47 UTC 2010

On 2010-06-09 10:57, Arne Goetje wrote:
> gettext handles this just fine. All we need to do is to set the LANGUAGE
> environment variable correctly.

I was thinking of how to handle it in the translator level of things.
For the time being I use poedit and open my fr.po (actually I don't but
for the example) and edit the strings there and then add it back to the
repo. If I have to be aware of a fr.po and a fr_CA.po for my strings.
The tool has to read both files and make me approve the strings in fr.po
and changes to strings must be directed to either fr.po (update the
original) or fr_CA.po (for the special cases).

This might be possible already but I haven't seen it in action =)
--
brother
http://sis.bthstudent.se