[Debian-l10n-devel] Thoughts about DDTP (Was: Number of requests for DDTP)

Martijn van O kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:53:40 UTC 2011

On 31 July 2011 23:16, Michael Bramer <grisu at deb-support.de> wrote:
> In the ddtp the difference between submitting and suggesting is:
>
> submitting:
> -----------
>
> The 'member' of the DDTP translate/review a description. The normal
> know process...
>
> suggestion:
> -----------
>
> A random user/third party (like lunchpad) make something like a bug
> report for a translation.

While I can understand the definition, I don't understand why they
need to be treated differently. A good translation is good, a bad
translation is bad. Where it comes from is not relevant. If the
translation needs improvement it will be improved in the review
process.

IMHO all "suggestions" should be put in the pending review list like
everything else and should not be treated any differently from
ordinary submissions.

Have a nice day,