[Debian-l10n-devel] Thoughts about DDTP (Was: Number of requests for DDTP)

Michael Bramer m.bramer at deb-support.de
Sat Aug 6 11:10:11 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011 09:48 AM, Aron Xu wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:07:20AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
>>> I'm very very curious about the options about the main interface, :-)
>>
>> If you need something, ask...  We will help...
>>
>>> For me I can't fetch translations which already have an owner, but DDTSS
>>> can. So there must be many things not being written down...
>>
>> If you need it, we can add something like a 'force' option...
>>

> It's weekend again, so I have some time to work on DDTP...
>
> First, force option on the mail interface is appreciated; second, I'd
> like to get po files from DDTP with a slightly changed format (details
> below); third, I want to know if I can submit translations using po
> files directly?
>
> I remember Michael asked about how often do I need those files and how
> often will I submit translations back. For the latter question, I submit
> translations randomly, because verifying translations need manual work.
> It's foreseeable that every month we can submit 100-400 translations,
> with proofreading work done, the number varies because it depends on the
> number of community contributors and the time of reviewers. I assume
> this won't cause a rather obvious impact on ddtp.debian.net's machine.
>
> For the former one, I think it'll be great to generate all po files for
> a time, and generate files that have been updated monthly. (I'm okay if
> it updates daily, but don't think it's possible?) Or you provide some
> way for me to access the database (dump is okay), kindly help me set up
> the needed thing, then I can run it on a local sever so it won't impact
> ddtp.debian.net.

I reply on this laster... Now I don't have time... sorry

> Here's the information about the po file format I need:
> 1. Short description is in a separated msgid.
> 2. Long description are split into separated msgid according to the
> empty lines (.) in the description.

I add our 'normal' Format. Is this ok?

----
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: adduser\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: \n"
"PO-Revision-Date: \n"
"Last-Translator: \n"
"Language-Team: German \n"

msgid ""
"Add and remove users and groups\n"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
" This package includes the adduser and deluser commands for creating\n"
" and removing users.\n"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
"  - Adduser can create new users and groups and add existing users to\n"
"    existing groups.\n"
"  - Deluser can remove users and groups and remove users from a given\n"
"    group.\n"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
" Adding users with adduser is much easier than adding them by hand.\n"
" Adduser will choose appropriate UID and GID values, create a home\n"
" directory, copy skeletal user configuration, allow you to set an\n"
" initial password and the GECOS field.\n"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
" Deluser can optionally remove and backup the user's home directory\n"
" and mail spool or all files on the system owned by him.\n"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
" Optionally a custom script can be executed after each of the commands.\n"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
" Adduser is maintained on http://alioth.debian.org/projects/adduser/.\n"
" There is also a development mailing list on\n"
" http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/adduser-devel/.\n"
msgstr ""
----

Gruss