[Debian-l10n-devel] Cron <ddtp at churro> /org/ddtp.debian.net/update0.5.sh

Martijn van O kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:36:54 UTC 2011

On 4 August 2011 10:06, Michael Bramer <grisu at deb-support.de> wrote:
> On 08/04/2011 01:03 AM, Michael Bramer wrote:
> I make a closer lock at the package default-jre:
>
> from java-common-0.40/debian/control:
> Package: default-jre
> Architecture: any
> Depends: default-jre-headless (= ${binary:Version}), ${jre}${jre:version},
>  ${misc:Depends}
> Provides: ${jre:provides}
>  This package points to the Java runtime, or Java compatible
>  runtime recommended for the ${jre:arch} architecture,
>  which is ${jre} for ${jre:arch}.
>
> Hm, with the variables we got fo every arch a own description...

I think this should be forbidden. There are enough descriptions to
translate, there is no need to start making variations for
architectures.

> If we add a 'arch' key in
> - package_version_tb
> - packages_tb
> the we can solve the problem.
>
> Comments?

We could do that, or we just ignore the package for the purposes of
statistics. I think it already does, but now we know the reason for
the ignoring.

Eventually we can fix the stats code to just use the package
information already in the database, then the problem goes away
entirely.

No problem with the patch making it clearer.

Have a nice day,