[Debian-l10n-devel] churro down

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Aug 8 07:54:09 UTC 2011

Quoting César Gómez Martín (cesar.gomez at gmail.com):
> Hello Christian,
>
> On Sunday, August 7, 2011, Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org> wrote:
> > Hello César (long time, isn't it?),
>
> Yes, long time ;)
>
> > It seems that we have problems with churro. Apparently, the machine
> > had a kernell OOPS after Grisu tried to restart apache and postgresql.
> >
> > As of now, we can't login anymore on it.
> >
> > Do you think you can reach someone who could go to the physical
> > machine and reboot it?
>
> I think so, let me try.

Thanks for your actions.

I use this opportunity to give news about churro. Felipe and Nicolas
did great work in preparing a future i18n.debian.org machine during
DebConf11. Plans are to move services from churro to that machine in
the upcoming months (hopefully). That would make the machine inline
with the current practices of the Debian System Administration team.

This is not done, yet, far from that.

Of course, we'll let you know what happens and what to do with
churro. And if it happens that we shut the machine down, we will not
forget about the services it brought during all these years. I will
even try to get some official publication about that, to thank the
Junta de Extremadura for this hosting.

But, again, this hasn't happened yet....and we really need churro to
be back to life..:-)