[Debian-l10n-devel] Thoughts about DDTP (Was: Number of requests for DDTP)

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:45:17 UTC 2011

Huge thanks to Michael!

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 21:32, Michael Bramer <m.bramer at deb-support.de> wrote:

> I check some points:
>
> - the mail server don't have a force option yet

Now I can get all content in po files, so I don't need force option
anymore. Though it's still a good thing to have.

> - the mail server can't send/receive po format yet
> - we have a script, that can produce po files from the database

So how can I submit those files when translated? If there is a script
that can convert po files back to the format email interface could
receive, it would be fine too.

Now I use a script to merge po translations to existing files
retrieved from the email interface, but when directly accessing po
files generated from database, I cannot do this anymore. I am thinking
about to add those metadata (i.e. package name, id, priority, etc) to
the header of po files, then write a script able to convert the file
and submit via email interface.

> - you can find a daily database dump on
> http://ddtp.debian.net/source/pg_ddts_current.dump.gz (this is today broken)
> - we can make daily po files from all packages in sid for zh_CN (this run 10
> Minutes) see http://ddtp.debian.net/pos/

Thanks again, can you also make a daily tarball for download, so I
don't need to use "wget -m" everyday?

--
Regards,
Aron Xu