[Debian-l10n-devel] Thoughts about DDTP (Was: Number of requests for DDTP)

Michael Bramer m.bramer at deb-support.de
Thu Aug 11 22:16:33 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 08:55 PM, Aron Xu wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 02:18, Michael Bramer<m.bramer at deb-support.de>  wrote:
>> On 08/11/2011 07:45 PM, Aron Xu wrote:
>>> So how can I submit those files when translated? If there is a script
>>> that can convert po files back to the format email interface could
>>> receive, it would be fine too.
>>>
>>> Now I use a script to merge po translations to existing files
>>> retrieved from the email interface, but when directly accessing po
>>> files generated from database, I cannot do this anymore. I am thinking
>>> about to add those metadata (i.e. package name, id, priority, etc) to
>>> the header of po files, then write a script able to convert the file
>>> and submit via email interface.
>>
>> what is your output? The same po files (only with the translation)?
>
> It would be perfectly okay to add metadata to the first lines because
> Pootle won't change them. For the header msgid (as shown above),
> values of several fields might be changed to fit the actual situation
> (date, last translator, team, language), and there can also be a

wie don't need any metadata...

only the english description and the translation in one file...

ex 2ping.po:
----
d ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: 2ping\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: \n"
"PO-Revision-Date: \n"
"Last-Translator: \n"
"Language-Team: \n"

#. Translators: This is the short description.
#.
#: short
msgid ""
"Ping utility to determine directional packet loss\n"
msgstr ""
"some Translation"

#. Translators: This is the long description part 1.
#.
#: long part 1
msgid ""
" 2ping is a bi-directional ping utility. It uses 3-way pings (akin to\n"
" TCP SYN, SYN/ACK, ACK) and after-the-fact state comparison between a\n"
" 2ping listener and a 2ping client to determine which direction packet\n"
" loss occurs.\n"
msgstr ""
" some more translation\n"
" 2some more translation\n"
" 3some more translation\n"
---
now we need this:

---
  2ping is a bi-directional ping utility. It uses 3-way pings (akin to
  TCP SYN, SYN/ACK, ACK) and after-the-fact state comparison between a
  2ping listener and a 2ping client to determine which direction packet
  loss occurs.
Description-XX: some Translation
  some more translation
  2some more translation
  3some more translation

---

you must 'only' remove the '"' and the po-stuff and add 'Description:' in
front of the first line...

How will write a script for this?

Gruss
Grisu