[Debian-l10n-devel] DDTSS feature request - bug reporting facility

Martin Eberhard Schauer Martin.E.Schauer at gmx.de
Fri Aug 12 12:25:25 UTC 2011

Dear Martijn,

thank you for your reply
>> today Grisu mentioned the DDTP future wiki page. As it is marked as
>> protected, I had to resort to this mail.
>>
>> I would find it very convenient to report bugs from within the web
>> interface.
>>
> For clarification you mean reporting bugs about bad english descriptions?
Basically, yes. Lets call it issues with varying impact.
> I was thinking that you could easily add a language "en" to the
> interface where people can suggest better wordings and you could use
> the existing review system. Would probably first need to ensure it
> doesn't interact with the rest of the system in odd ways.
>
> I don't really think we can replace the normal debian bug tracker, but
> it would be nice to have people suggest improvements and be able to
> see if the description are working is marked for improvement.

I did not think about a replacement - rather a supplement. Hopefully
lowering the threshold for a bug report (no need to download
$package.debian.gz, decompress it, edit control(.in), sending the
mail ) results in more bug reports improving the over-all quality.

As i did not try to understand the system or to implement the
features (yet) I still think that the basic data and functions are
available:
   - submitter e-mail (offering the possibility only for people with an
     account )
   - ability to send messages (messaging subsystem)
   - pseudo header informationen (package and version)
   - editor widgets
   - pseudo header information

It should be enough to prepare and send an e-mail to the BTS.

Unfortunately it took some time to understand the proposal with
the en pseudo language. I translate the description that I dislike
in some aspect to my English. But what are the further processing
steps? Mail to BTS/maintainer after some number of reviews,
perhaps with mail addresses of the logged in users involved in
the new version? It's definitely more elegant than my initial thoughts.

Cheers,
   Martin