[Debian-l10n-devel] Proposel for the new message system in DDTSS

Michael Bramer grisu at debian.org
Thu Aug 18 07:58:59 UTC 2011

Hello Kleptop and others

You propose the table for the new message-System:

CREATE TABLE messages_tb (
     message_id integer NOT NULL,
     language character varying,
     to_user character varying,
     from_user character varying NOT NULL,
     "timestamp" integer NOT NULL,
     message character varying NOT NULL
);

with
     # Specify who sees it:
     # Both NULL: global
     # Language: for that language only
     # User: for that user only
     # Both: Not allowed

And we discuss about changing the comment field in the
Translation/Review Process to a append field.

I thought about this point in the last dates and I like to propse this
extension:

add a new row 'description_id' and use the message system for the
comments of the Translation/Review Process. With this we had:
  - no problemes with one user override the message a other reviewer
    (no locking in the review process)
  - everey message has a Timestamp and a author
  - the comment is 'fixed' at the description. If a translation changes
    and must a second time to the review process, we don't lost the old
    comments
  - We can support reply to a comment.
    (one reviewer add a comment with a question: ex: 'Spelling XXX
    right?'
    The next reviewer can write a reply to this message, and:
    the first reviewer _and_ the description get a new message

The proposed table:

CREATE TABLE messages_tb (
     message_id integer NOT NULL,
     language character varying,
     to_user character varying,
     description_id nteger NOT NULL,
     from_user character varying NOT NULL,
     "timestamp" integer NOT NULL,
     message character varying NOT NULL
);

with
     # Specify who sees it:
     # language,to_user,description_id NULL: global
     # only Language: for that language only
     # description_id and lang: comment for translation in $lang-team
     # User: for that user (User with only Language is possible, but not
usefull...)

Comments?

For a 'full' reply system we can also add a 'In-Reply-To' or
'References' field, the the old message_id?

Comments?

Gruss
Grisu