[Debian-l10n-devel] Granularity of http://ddtp.debian.net

Martin Eberhard Schauer Martin.E.Schauer at gmx.de
Tue Nov 29 19:32:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

this time I don't start with filing a bug ;-).

I spend a lot of time translating package descriptions (to German) and
observing the
statistics. Although my Bash scripting capabilities are improving, I
often have a look
at http://ddtp.debian.net/<letter>.html.

The problem is (the) letter »L«. Sometimes Konqueror shows the results
immediatily,
often it loads the page one more time. Thus I would appreciate increased
granularity
for the letter »L« as it can be found on installation disks and on (1).

In other words:
I would love to have URLs such as  http://ddtp.debian.net/liba.html as
they are smaller
and faster to download.  It would decrease network traffic. Although I
have a DSL
connection, it takes noticeable time to download l.html. And perhaps
there are still
contributors with a slower connection?

Am I a "lone rider"?

Kind regards,