[Debian-l10n-devel] i18n.debian.net down...

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) faw at debian.org
Tue Jan 17 02:45:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 16-01-2012 15:52, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting César Gómez Martín (cesar.gomez at gmail.com):
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We are back!. I hope everything is ok now.
>
> Hurray (though I didn't check things).
> For the record, what was the problem?
>
> During the week-end, I started working on packaging some things we
> have in dl10n repository. Most of them are used on churro.

According to DSA, having it package is not required (and in some
cases not even desired).  But it might be useful for other teams.

> That's definitely not enough for moving services but I hope it will
> help in some way.
>
> Actually, the first upload I did was rejected for licensing reasons,
> but I'll try again..:-)

Nicolas did quite some work on packaging and there are some
improvements to be made around the tools (and its usefulness).

> *Anyway*, now that we have churro back, we really should move ou a**es
> and try to have i18n.debian.org setup. Felipe?????

I'm here, and I'm sorry for not getting around to migrate it before.

I started looking into this, I'll need a few days to setup a plan
so we can start migrating.  I'm still cleaning up some backlog but
i18n (and Brazilian Portuguese l10n) are high priorities right now.

By next weekend I'll outline my next step so we can coordinate and
start moving to DSA maintained servers.

An i18n sprint would be a great time to get together and fix other
issues. :-)

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw at debian.org>