[Debian-l10n-devel] Churro down....

César Gómez Martín cesar.gomez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:02:50 UTC 2012

2012/1/31 Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org>:
> Quoting César Gómez Martín (cesar.gomez at gmail.com):
>
>> Bad news!
>>
>> The system administrator has not been able to fix Churro. "Some of the
>> services are not working anymore", that's what he told me. :((
>>
>> He tried to reboot it several times with no luck. What should I do?.
>
> Well, with only this information I have no idea.
>
> What services? What is displayed on screen? I actually feel like I'm
> talking to one of my Windows users, sorry to say this..:-(

Good!. It is great to have Windows users with Linux skills :)

He doesn't have any user to log into the machine (only physical
access). He has helped us in the past rebooting the machine and there
is not a lot more he can do. In fact, he is helping us without having
to help us.

I know it is frustrating, but I am also sorry to tell you that I told
you this was very likely going to happen sooner or later since Churro
was already having HW issues 3 years ago. Remember we have been using
a desktop machine as a server for almost 6 years.

I will try to ask for more information tomorrow, I received a message
saying that "some services are not working anymore", he is a very busy
man and he is the only person I know there, plus I am sure that if we
manage to make Churro work again it will be down in no more than 10
days.

I will ping tomorrow again and try to get more information, but
remember he is busy, I am very busy too and Churro is old and probably
broken.

Regards,
César.