[Debian-l10n-devel] (forw) Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Aug 26 07:53:47 UTC 2013

Hi Christian,

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:42:19PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > What do you think about my question whether I should revert my link from
> > ddtp.debian.org to ddtp.debian.net?  As long as .org is switched of  all
> > visitors or Blends pages will end up with 400.  I'd be in big favour of
> > switching on ddtp.debian.org.  What can I do to let this happen?
> > Talking DSA?  Or do you think I should revert to ddtp.debian.net?
>
> Needs some common work between i18n folks and DSA. The DDTP needs some
> important redesign to be able to run on a DSA-maintained machine. Martijn van
> Oosterhout has done a significant work for this but had less time
> later on....and also probably needs some more help

Is there any public record what kind of help is needed?  I really would
love to put some (admittedly small) effort into this to finally make DDTP
an official service.  IMHO a quite good chance for coming together would
be here:

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/08/msg00003.html

> A sprint would help but I don't have the deep will to organize it. This
> is probably what's missing: someone to take over such "leadership".

Definitely!  I admit I might be to less informed because not reading
i18n list but if I were a member of i18n team I would start with some
announcement on d-d-a giving a status update and the suggest a sprint.

IMHO we urgently need to get churro replaced by some virtual machine
that can be maintained by more than one person and Thomas Giorand was
offering such machinges at gplhost.com.  Perhaps this might be some
intermediate step before we finally can go to debian.org ... depending
on how long this might last.

To rephrase my question whether it might make sense to change the links
on the Blends pages:  ddtp.debian.ORG *was* working before (probably by
just redirecting).  Whom do you think I should ask whether at least
*this* service can be put into action again.  Just switching off a
machine because you *think* it is not used is not good.  Should I just
send this question to debian-admin at lists.debian.org or was this question
just asked.  A search for "site:lists.debian.org/debian-admin ddtp" so
should I address my question to this list (and cc debian-i18n at l.d.o) or
do you have any better reference to give me some reasonable way to
decide.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--