[Debian-l10n-devel] (forw) Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.

Martin Eberhard Schauer Martin.E.Schauer at gmx.de
Thu Aug 29 14:33:45 UTC 2013

https://wiki.debian.org/DakHowTo
 >> says:

 >>  git clone http://ftp-master.debian.org/git/dak.git
 > OK, I finally found on churro a directory where there was a
 > "timestamp" file with a date back in June:
 >
 > ddtp at churro:/org/ddtp.debian.net/www/debian$ ls -l
 > total 16
 > drwxr-xr-x 4 ddtp nogroup   29 Jun 15 13:21 dists
 > -rw-r--r-- 1 ddtp nogroup 6994 Jun 15 14:49 SHA256SUMS
 > -rw-r--r-- 1 ddtp nogroup   13 Jun 15 14:48 timestamp
 > -rw-r--r-- 1 ddtp nogroup  836 Jun 15 14:48 timestamp.gpg
 > ddtp at churro:/org/ddtp.debian.net/www/debian$ cat timestamp
 > 201306150933
 >
 > I just moved it (and everything else) out of the way and relaunched
 > the daily script that's run on churro to (supposedly) prepare files
 > wanted by dak...

I'm afraid that you are wrong here. The *absence* of a timestamp
directory is the problem. Let's have a look at the latest FTP master mail:

    Arf, Arf, Arf, missing the timestamp 201306150933 directory,
    not updating i18n, arf, arf, arf

I'm afraid that you are wrong here. The *absence* of a timestamp directory
seems the problem. Let's have a look at the latest FTP master mail:

    Arf, Arf, Arf, missing the timestamp 201306150933 directory,
    not updating i18n, arf, arf, arf

I'm afraid that you are wrong here. The *absence* of a timestamp directory
seems the problem. Let's have a look at the latest FTP master mail:

    Arf, Arf, Arf, missing the timestamp 201306150933 directory,
    not updating i18n, arf, arf, arf

As I understand things, providing the timestamp at the place the FTP masters
expect it might solve the problem. Removing random timestamps won't
solve the
problem.

But providing the "timestamp 201306150933 directory" won't solve the whole
problem either. The Translation-xx.bz2 files have not been updated since the
Wheezy release in early May.

Perhaps I've missed it. Why did nobody ask the FTP masters about the missing
link until now?

Cheers,
    Martin