[Debian-l10n-devel] po statistics

Laura Arjona Reina larjona at debian.org
Mon Nov 20 12:41:04 GMT 2023

Hello

El 20/11/23 a las 10:43, Thomas Lange escribió:
> Hi
>
> I'm still not sure which of the languages we need or which are just
> bugs in packages. Or do we have bug in the scripts, that generat this
> language list?
> What about the AA_BB and AA at somestring languages?
>
> For e.g. I wonder why we have international/l10n/po/man_DE
> which links only to this po file:
> https://i18n.debian.org/material/po/unstable/main/i/i2p/installer/resources/locale-man/i2p_0.9.48-1.1_man_de.po.gz
>
> This po file cleary says
> "Language: de\n"
> Why is the language then called man_DE and not just "de"? Is this a
> bug in our scripts?

I think this is a bug, because those po files are named man_ because
they are translations of the manual pages, not because of the Mandingo
language.

"Similar" thing happens with
https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/bos_DE (and all other
bos_XX links in https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/): they are
translations files of the boswars package, having two translations
templates, one named     boswars_version_xx.po.gz and another one named
boswars_version_bos_xx.po.gz, so that "bos" is misdetected as Bosnian
language.

I don't know *where* is the bug, though: it can be in the i2p package
because of wrong structure or naming o files (sorry, I don't know the
related policy), in the l10n scripts* that gather the material
(https://salsa.debian.org/l10n-team/dl10n/) or in our code that process
that data in webwml repo. Hence I'm CC'ing debian-i18n and
debian-l10n-devel for the case anybody knows and it's easy to fix. If
not, a quick workaround could be to exclude the problematic packages
from our stats (exclude them from the dl10n scripts so no material is
generated).

Kind regards,

--
Laura Arjona Reina