[debian-lan-devel] Status: GOsa implemented, installing/converting revised

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sat Jan 26 17:23:14 UTC 2013

Hi all!

You may have noticed the committing activities in the past days ...

I am happy to report that GOsa has been implemented in debian-lan and
is now installed by default.  It seems to work fine and a few extras
like sudo-ldap roles and a template to create users are already there
to help getting started.

In addition, I revised the wiki pages, especially:

   <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/Setup_A>, general description

   <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap>, especially the
   part describing the conversion of a minimal debian installation.
   It should work now out-of-the-box, only the network has to be
   (re-)configured after conversion, as it is not modified.

   <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap/wheezy> works fine
   with the current status of wheezy.  The only remaining issue is
   <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/681579>, which is hopefully solved when
   wheezy is released and up-to-date packages of live-boot* become
   available in the standard repositories.  For the time being, you
   need to install packages from unstable in the fai nfsroot.

My plan is now to prepare a package of the configuration space.  This
would replace cloning the git repository.  Instead, just install the
package and 'activate' the config space.  If you have any ideas or
recommendations concerning that work, please share your thoughts.  As
usual, any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

     Andi