[debian-lan-devel] No internet connection after converting minimal installation

Afif Elghraoui bmi.sysadmin at mail.sdsu.edu
Sat Jan 17 00:28:47 UTC 2015

Hello again and sorry about the multiple messages,

On 01/15/2015 01:49 AM, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> Perhaps bind on the mainserver does not know how to resolve external
> names, check if adding forwarders in '/etc/bind/named.conf.options'.
> (This is not necessary here, but depends on what your WAN provides.)
>
> I hope this gives some clue.  Before host and name resolution does not
> work there is of course no chance to get anything else working
> properly.
This part of your earlier message now applies. Adding the university's
DNS server addresses here as forwarders resolves the problem. I didn't
think this should be necessary though-- especially since DNS for
external addresses was working when I had the local DNS switched off.
What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Afif