[debian-lan-devel] CD image for Debian-LAN mainserver installation

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Mon Jan 9 21:09:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 11:40:57PM +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:

> after some experiments I am happy to report that it's pretty easy to
> prepare a CD image (approx. 500M in size) for the Debian-LAN.  With
> this image, the installation of the mainserver (Setup_A) should be
> easy.  All other installations can be run from that machine.

I just tested the instructions to build a CD image once more,
this time on real hardware (i368).

     <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap>

The installation with the burnt CD image also succeeded without
issues.

For the next step I am thinking about creating a class/setup that
allows to run diskless clients from the mainserver.

Best regards,

     Andi