[debian-lan-devel] CD image for Debian-LAN mainserver installation

Medhamsh me at medhamsh.org
Tue Jan 10 11:11:17 UTC 2012

Andreas,

On a vanilla installation of debian squeeze, fai-setup
is getting failed with ERROR: live-initramfs was not installed inside the
nfsroot. The problem is with the nfsroot, I guess.

Can you share your ideas on this? I am totally new
to "fai" and meanwhile I will go through it's documentation
and try out something. If this is the case with every one
since mine is a vanilla installation of squeeze we may
have to write the tweak in the wiki.

Sincerely,
--
Medhamsh

On Sun, January 8, 2012 4:10 am, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> Hi,
>

> after some experiments I am happy to report that it's pretty easy to
> prepare a CD image (approx. 500M in size) for the Debian-LAN.  With this
> image, the installation of the mainserver (Setup_A) should be easy.  All
> other installations can be run from that machine.
>
> I documented how to prepare the image in the Wiki at:
>

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap>.
>

> It would be great if someone could independently verify the
> description.  It should be possible to use the CD image on an USB stick
> too, but I did not test that.
>
> We might think about providing the CD images (i386 and amd64) for
> download somewhere.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Andi

Medhamsh