[Debian-med-packaging] SPAM on this list?

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Wed Nov 22 15:05:01 CET 2006

Le Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 09:18:32AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> We could set the automatic packaging mails to pass moderation and
> anything else is quite low traffic.

I have to admit that I get so much spam on my other adressed that I got
used to remove the debian-med-packaging spam together with the rest, by
hand. I have to admit also that I am getting sick of this, so I would
welcome anything which can reduce this chronophagic parasitism.

My problem is that I do not feel comfortable with Mailman. Removing
moderation was already a difficult task, so I dare not trying to prepare
a proper configuration which would be robust and efficient. This would
require a good knowledge of the Debian environment (from where shall we
expect mails ?), and a lot of testing. And I do not feel eager to be
responsible for the mistakes, as I think that I would do some...

In conclusion it would be great, and much simpler for us, if Alioth
would benefit from the same filters as lists.debian.org.

PS: I am sometimes wondering if the high levels of japanese spam are
caused by my signature... That would be very unfortunate.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org