[Debian-med-packaging] Some of your Debian packages might need attention

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Thu Aug 23 14:01:42 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07 at 22:29 +0900, charles-debian-nospam at plessy.org wrote:
> Le Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 12:30:04PM +0000, DDPOMail robot a écrit :
> > Dear Debian-Med Packaging Team,
> >
> > The following possible problem(s) were detected in the package(s)
> > you maintain in Debian:
> >
> > === seaview:
> > = This package has not been able to migrate from unstable
> >   to testing for 133 days.
>
> Hi,
>
> Many thanks for the mail, but the problem was already noticed. I think
> that the cause was that it was never built on some arches ; this has
> been solved by uploading a new version (This is definitely the most
> efficient way to solve that kind of problem). It is still not built
> on Sparc, but at worse I can upload a new version. For instance there
> would be the new Homepage field to add...

hehe :-)

> Maybe it would be interesting to autodetect when the reason for not
> migrating is that a package is not built and cc your mails the relevant
> buildd admins?

Well, while you were aware of the problem, some maintainers don't
necessarly notice them, so I think that it's better to contact the
maintainer first, and let him contact ARCH at buildd.d.o if it's needed.

In general, I prefer not to investigate problems automatically too much,
because it is error-prone, and might hide problems that the maintainers
doesn't know about.

Take care,
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |