[Debian-med-packaging] Progress on the BioJava Front

Steffen Moeller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Jul 13 16:15:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

there is some progress on biojava, upstream has helped with setting
license information right. We now wait for the libjgrapht-java to appear
in version 0.7.3 (pkg-java svn is set) and then it can go off to
incoming. I should however inspect all the files for their copyright again.

I am writing to inform you that the active management of biojava and
bytecode is on pkg-escience.alioth.debian.org, not on the debian-med
site. Why is that? Because of a long time goal of mine to provide
everything for a Debian package of Taverna.sf.net and that requires
biojava. pkg-escience aims at streamlining the preparation of software
for that cause.

Once the package is due to be uploaded I am not so certain that it
indeed should reside with pkg-java. Debian-med might indeed be a better
place or pkg-java. I can't tell and don't care much either  :)

Best,

Steffen