[Debian-med-packaging] libSBML versioning

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu Jul 17 11:34:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:

> BTW, debian-med hosts the e-cell package separately from ours. I'm
> more than willing to take it over. If there is anyone who is
> interested in maintaining the e-cell package, I guess we better have a
> talk so let me know.

Well, I don't think there is anybody working on this.  Steffen Möller
once prepared some preliminary packaging stuff and I just preserved
it from a web archive to our SVN to prevent something gets lost.  I
dount that anybody tried this stuff since two years.  If you have more
up to date packaging stuff we should probably remove what is there
to avoid confusion.  BTW, where is your archive.  Do you want to
use the Debian Med SVN for the packaging stuff?  Feel free to ask here
if you need access to SVN - we are very open for people who want to
provide code ...

> The current stable release of E-Cell system is version 3, which
> depends on libsbml version 2. So I'd rather make sure that libsbml
> version 2 is provided indeed :) I hope someone will take care of
> libsbml version 3. That would help me a lot.

I'm sorry to say that for the moment I personally do not have resources
for this.

Kind regards