[Debian-med-packaging] Debian python-biopython packaging for Biopython 1.51

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:08:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Philipp Benner wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> I just fixed the problem and uploaded a new package. Thanks for telling us!
> Help from upstream is always welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Philipp

Thanks Philipp - the update looks good - thank you for a very quick response :)

One other thing you might want to look at is the suggested packages
for "python-biopython", which could include several command line tools
Bipython can call. This currently just lists the "wise" package. Other
Debian packaged tools we have wrappers and unit tests for calling
include "muscle", "clustalw", "mafft" and "emboss". There is also
"blast2" (NCBI blast), but we don't automatically test our command
line wrapper for this.

Regards,

Peter