[Debian-med-packaging] r-cran-medadherence_1.01-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sat Dec 12 21:53:41 UTC 2009

Hi Xiangyang Ye,

I would like to inform you that I intend to package the Medication
Adherence R package for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution on behalf of
the Debian Med team.  The Debian FTP master has some objections which
are partly not really an issue, but the issue about the data file has
some point.  I wonder whether you might be able to clarify source
and license of the data file.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 07:32:11PM +0000, Barry deFreese wrote:
> Hello maintainer,
>
> I am rejecting r-cran-medadhereance based on the following:
>
> Author: Luca Falavigna
> Version: 1.01-1
> Timestamp: 2009-11-24 20:31:13.728319+00:00
>
> * Upstream tarball does not include full copy of GPLv2 license and none of the file headers indicate a license or copyright holder.

As I explained in my last mail about epiR the GPL license is mentioned
in the DESCRIPTION file.  This seems to be the normal case for most of
the R packages.

> * data/cmos.rda is suspicious, there's no clue it's generated from source.

I hope that the upstream author will be able to sort out the issue.

Kind regards