[Debian-med-packaging] great plasmid editing software

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Sat Mar 7 09:37:27 UTC 2009

Le Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 10:00:19AM +0100, mwassef at biologie.ens.fr a écrit :
> Just to let you know that there is a very usefull plasmid editing program
> called Ape (A Plasmid Editor) at this address:
> http://www.biology.utah.edu/jorgensen/wayned/ape/
> I am a Phd student in molecular biology and I have been looking for such a
> tool for a long time on Linux ; it works great. Do you think it could be
> included in Debian repos?

Dear Michel,

I just had a look to the sources and found this:

  #Copyright 2003-2008 M. Wayne Davis
  #All rights reserved

  #Not for redistribution

Would you have a bit of time for clarifying with the upstream author if he
would be interested to see us resdistributing his software, and if he can chose
a free software licence that is compatible with our guidelines ?

http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy