[Debian-med-packaging] biococoa_2.2.0-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Sep 22 02:40:53 UTC 2009

Le Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 09:20:16PM +0000, Chris Lamb a écrit :

>   ./BCFoundation/BCAnalysis/BCSuffixArray.{h,m}
>
> .. contains instructions that you are not currently following. To wit;
>
>   [..]
>
>   37 portion thereof), You must include the following information in a
>   38 conspicuous location governing such distribution (e.g., a separate

Ouch, these files use the Plan 9 license, which is not free according to the FSF:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/plan-nine.html

Nevertheless, Plan 9 is now distributed under the Lucent public license, which
is free according to the OSI:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/license.html

The change of license has been done between the third and fourth edition of Plan 9:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/about.html

The old Plan 9 license has been replaced everywhere by the Lucent public
license, to the point that I had difficulties to find a copy
(http://svn.pardus.org.tr/uludag/trunk/pisi/licenses/PLAN9).

Can we assume that the files have been automagically relicensed to the Lucent
public license since this is what
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/download.html now indirectly refers to, or
do we have to contact the copyright holders to as them to relicense their work?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,