[Debian-med-packaging] DCMTK exp upload (was Re: SPECT reconstruction + question)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:35:06 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas

  [I still have to sign your PGP key sorry for being so slow :(]

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:
> [Answering on packaging list because it is pure packaging related]
>
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 01:57:36PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> I have updated the source in the experimental branch at:
>>
>>   svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcmtk/branches/experimental
>
> I personally would not create an extra branch because we probably are
> not intending to maintain more than one branch.  It is rather that we
> are just continuing one changelog for the package and the current target
> distribution is just experimental and the next one might go to unstable
> (or not).  So while this is a matter of taste I would keep things as
> simple as possible (but feel free to ignore my personal taste).

*totally* agree. I have been maintaining this experimental branch
mostly for my own work. But dcmtk 3.6.0 will definitely be integrated
into the main branch. There will only be a single entry in the main
changelog explaining the 3.5.4 -> 3.6.0 transition instead of all the
invididuals snapshot releases.

>> A binary upload can be found on mentors:
>>
>> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=dcmtk
>
> So do you want anybody to upload this or just checking?

I will need at least an upload to validate my right to become 'DM-Uploader' :)
So yes please (you or Juergen actually).

Thanks,
--
Mathieu