[Debian-med-packaging] DCMTK exp upload (was Re: SPECT reconstruction + question)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Dec 9 15:05:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 02:35:06PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>   [I still have to sign your PGP key sorry for being so slow :(]

No problem.  BTW, the best tool to sign keys is "apt-get install caff"
(in case you don't know this).

> *totally* agree. I have been maintaining this experimental branch
> mostly for my own work. But dcmtk 3.6.0 will definitely be integrated
> into the main branch. There will only be a single entry in the main
> changelog explaining the 3.5.4 -> 3.6.0 transition instead of all the
> invididuals snapshot releases.

Well, but I'd leave the changelog entry which was really uploaded (even
if only to experimental).  Could you please create a summary changelog
entry mentioning what might have changed in the packaging compared to
the last upload to stable?

> I will need at least an upload to validate my right to become 'DM-Uploader' :)
> So yes please (you or Juergen actually).

I'd volunteer to do so but please assemble the changelog entries into a
single one which reflects the changes to the uploaded version.
Alternatively just prepend your changelog to the currently uploaded one
as is but change the target distribution to "UNRELEASED" for those
entries which did not ended up as packaged version on the Debian mirror.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this