[Debian-med-packaging] Status of libajax-dev

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Jan 28 00:48:32 UTC 2010

Le Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 01:24:55PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> > Yep, sorry for the noise.  I just realised this after sending the mail.
> > I was tricked by the tasks file just mentioning libajax5-dev and I added
> > libajax6-dev as alternative.  I admit the Blends handling of library
> > packages in tasks files is suboptimal.  I will address this issue once
> > the Blends stuff will be rewritten / enhanced.
>
> Thinking twice about this and seeing that the same issue is true for
> libnucleus[56]-dev I'd suggest to use
>
>    Package: libnucleus6-dev
>    Provides: libnucleus-dev
>
> resp.
>
>    Package: libajax6-dev
>    Provides: libajax-dev
>
> If you agree I wonder whether we should issue a bug report or just commit
> the change to VCS to make sure it will not be forgotten at next upload.

Hi Andreas,

in the case of the EMBOSS libraries, I kept the major version number in the
-dev package because the “EMBASSY” packages built against these libraries are
usually released at the same time as EMBOSS, and I have the impression that
they are meant to be built against the latest version anyway. So there are
no libajax-dev and libnucleus-dev packages, real or virtual.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles