[Debian-med-packaging] [ISC-BOARD] Re: Licensing question about Insight Toolkit ( VXL / toms / ACM and non-commercial license conflict with BSD license).

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Fri Jan 29 20:37:29 UTC 2010

Early in the ITK development process we decided that the cost of being
math-library-agnostic was too high - stunted ability to exploit the
power of VXL, potentially increased code complexity and run-time, ...

We'd need to revisit several big issues before considering such a
change...not saying that we shouldn't consider it, but...

--
Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
Director of Medical Imaging Research