[Debian-med-packaging] Packaged Colt (in git)

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat Jul 10 03:35:45 UTC 2010

Le Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 12:53:09PM -0700, Shaun Jackman a écrit :

> I've packaged the Java library Colt, which is a dependency of IGV. The
> git repository is here:
> git+ssh://alioth.debian.org/git/debian-med/colt.git

Hi Shaun,

for a package like Colt, I would recommend to ask on pkg-java or debian-science
if they would be interested in having the package in their VCS and
co-maintaining it.

I had a quick look at the package. It produces a source package that contains
the colt.jar and concurrent.jar bytecodes. For colt.jar, it is not a problem
since the sources are included, but for concurrent.jar there are no sources, and
we do not describe its copyright in debian/copyright. How about removing the jars,
just like we are doing for picard and igv ?

Since Colt comes with a nice Javadoc API documentation, I created a new
libcolt-java-doc package that contains it, referenced for Doc-Base.

By the way, do not hesitate to discuss packaging on the main debian-med list.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles